Week #7: A Kaymak made in Heaven

Week number seven was a delicious surprise. This time I decided to stroll down from the Şişhane metro stop towards Karaköy and find a nice breakfast place on my way. When I passed the Galata tower I turned left, because I recalled that I once saw a "Wonka" sign. When I saw a "Wonka" sign again I followed it... However I never actually saw Wonka as I stopped when I saw a nice blue sign saying "Katmer". I've never heard about this place before, but it looked nice and, even though the street I walked was empty, the restaurant seemed quite full...and there was a sign in front of it: "Gün boyunca kahvaltı", which means "Breakfast all day". So I decided to give it a try and am I happy that I did. Thank you, Wonka for bringing me here.

Katmer serves delicious breakfast, also alkaline breakfast and vegan food. Their ingredients come from all over Turkey and are fresh: olives, cheese, honey and kaymak. Their kaymak is amazing! And it goes extremely well with their homemade marmalade and homemade bread. This trio is a match made in heaven!

I would definitely visit them again and on my next visit, I am looking forward trying their katmer.

Address: Müeyyedzade Mahallesi, Tatar Beyi Sk. No:15, 34425 Beyoğlu/İstanbul

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,